1 lb Okra (you can substitute okra with green beans or sliced green tomatoes)
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Ginger powder
½ tsp Anar Gourmet Foods Curry Powder
Olive oil for frying- just enough to coat pan
6 Tbsp Chickpea (Gram) Flour
4 Tbsp Corn Meal
½ tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Paprika
½ Fresh Lemon
- Wash okra, pat dry and cut off the top of okra. Slice each okra in half. Place into a bowl.
- Mix garlic, ginger and curry powder together along with 8 tablespoons of water. Pour over okra and mix well to coat each okra.
- Mix chickpea and corn meal together; sprinkle them over okra and gently fold in to coat each okra well.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Fry okra in hot oil making sure okra is not bunched up and until they are crispy and golden (~ 5-7 mins).
- Use slotted spoon to scoop up okra from oil carefully and remove excess oil over paper towel.
- Sprinkle okra with sea salt, paprika and squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon over it.
Enjoy as a crispy delicious snack.