I can't believe how easy it is to make this classic dish. After 6 years of tinkering and trying to make this recipe, I finally NAILED it!
So why did it take me SO long to make this dish? I'm an enthusiastic meat lover, lactose intolerant and not particularly keen on eating spinach. So these personal preferences made it a little challenging to make this dish. However after some cajoling from my vegetarian friends, I finally decided to give it my best shot. I'm happy to say, the results are AWESOME! I have zero hesitation to take a lactaid pill so that I can eat this savory yummy dish. It's family sized and freezes well too. You can eat it over rice, pasta or even as an appetizer (per recipe below). I absolutely LOVE it!
Spinach with Cheese Dip:
You can easily make this dish into a spinach and cheese dip appetizer.
Here's the easy recipe:
- Use 8-10 ounces of the cooked dish a.k.a leftovers.
- Reduce it in a pot by simmering on low- medium heat till sauce has desired thickness.
- Cover the pot with a tight lid as it does bubble a lot out of the pot.
- You can also add more crumbled cheese to it to thicken it.
- Customize the spicy heat with adding or omitting jalapeno and/or heavy whipping cream.
- Substitute heavy whipping cream with unsweetened coconut milk, if using heavy whipping cream is an issue.
- Use extra firm Paneer (Indian cheese) or Tofu so it stands up to the heat.
- To make homemade paneer, check out the recipe section of our website.