One Sunday afternoon, I got a hankering for Seafood Stew. So instead of looking for recipes on the web, I thought I'd just use my Seafood Curry Spice mix since it had a good mild-medium flavor with a delicious broth of unflavored coconut milk. OMG!! I did not realize how delicious it would be. When I asked my husband to taste it, I didn't hear anything for a minute. "I thought, could I be so wrong about the yummy taste? , a surprised voice saying, "This is good". I burst out laughing and asked him "Why are you surprised?" He didn't realize it would be as delicious as it was. I liked medium spicy for those of you who prefer a milder spicy heat, I would suggest that you eliminate the jalapeño. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe.
1lb Salmon or any firm white fish, cleaned and scales removed
8-10 Large/Jumbo raw shrimp, deveined with tail removed
8-10 Scallops, raw
8-12 Mussels, raw
3 Tbsp Olive oil
1 cup Onion
1 ½ cups Tomatoes
½ small thumb sized jalapeno (optional for mild flavor)
14 oz Unsweetened coconut milk
Fresh Cilantro (optional)
1 Lemon, squeeze over stew (optional)
|1. Clean fish and set aside|
2. H eat olive oil over medium heat, add onions & Step1 spice packet, sauté for 5-7 mins till onions are golden brown.
3. Add tomatoes, simmer & let "melt" into sauce ~5-7mins
4. Add Spice Packet 2, mix well, let simmer for 1-2 mins
5. Add coconut milk & jalapeño (optional), stir and cover pot w/lid
6. Turn heat up to medium high & bring to boil 3-4 mins. Taste for spicy heat, if too spicy, add 1/4 - 1/2 cup coconut milk.
7. Turn heat down to medium low, add salmon and cook for 6 mins (total cooking time for salmon 12-15mins)
8. Add rest of scallops, mussels and shrimp, cook for another 4-5 mins on medium low heat.
9. Sprinkle cilantro & squeeze w/lemon
10. Serve w/crusty bread or gluten free bread and ENJOY!!