This easy recipe is perfect for the summer grilling season. Like many people, our family is also looking to shorten time in the kitchen and soak in the warmth of the sun. Here's a super simple hack for making delicious grilled beef with suggested sides (optional) for a satisfying and succulent spicy meal.
Click here for a print out of the grilled beef kebab recipe.
Beef: 2- 2/1/2 lbs, cut into 1"- 1 1/2" cubes; suggested cut of beef - sirloin.
Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
Plain low fat or non-fat yogurt: 1/2 - 1 cup (add more yogurt to make dish less spicy)
Seasonings: 1 pouch Spicy Beef curry seasonings (2 seasoning packets- Step 1 and Step 2 are included in pouch)
Veggies: Cut into same size as beef cubes. Suggested veggies include onions, peppers, grape tomatoes, mushrooms or any other vegetables of choice for grilling.
Season veggies (optional): Pour Italian salad dressing, sprinkle on Lawrys Seasoned Salt and garlic powder and coat veggies with mixture.
Biryani rice (optional): Click here for spicy biryani rice recipe to satisfy your spicy food craving.
Caution: The beef seasonings and biryani rice ARE SPICY, please add more yogurt to turn down the spicy heat in this dish. If kebabs are too spicy after they are grilled, make simple yogurt raita (similar to Mediterranean tzatziki sauce) with plain yogurt, deseeded cucumber and a couple of pinches of salt per recipe on our website. Spoon in a dollop of raita with each bite of kebabs (and biryani rice). This will calm the spicy heat right down. Click here for raita recipe:
1. Cut beef and place in large bowl.
2. Make marinade in separate bowl: Add Anar Gourmet Foods Spicy beef seasonings (both Step 1 and Step 2 seasoning packets in pouch) to bowl with yogurt and olive oil. Mix well
3. Pour marinade over beef, mix well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight night for best results.
4. Cut desired vegetables into ~1"- 1 1/2 " squares for grilling, add desired seasonings or use suggested seasonings as described under ingredients.
5. Skewer beef and alternate with cut veggies.
6. Place on grill at medium high heat for 15-25 mins until desired doneness.
7. Serve with biryani rice (optional), boiled egg and yogurt raita for a spicy Indian meal.