Here's an easy appetizer using our ground beef (Keema) that perfect for holidays, parties or just about anytime. Many thanks to our creative friend Jolly O. from MN who shared this recipe with us. Enjoy!!
Please note: Use Anar ground beef (keema) seasoning kit and recipe at the back of the pouch to make this dish. The ingredients required and recipe from the back of the seasoning kit is posted below.
For the recipe on how to make this yummy appetizer, please scroll down to section on appetizer recipe.
Ground beef (Keema) dish: Ingredients you need
For ground beef curry: use ground beef (Keema) seasonings kit and recipe at the back of the pouch to make the dish.
Ground beef: ~ 2 1/2 lbs, 85% lean preferred
Olive oil - 3 Tablespoons
Onions : 1 cup, finely diced
Tomatoes: 1 1/2 cups, diced
Tomato sauce : 3 Tablespoons
Cilantro: 1 Tablespoon, washed and chopped
Seasoning blend : 1 Anar Gourmet Foods packet
Recipe : Use only ~ 1/4 cup of prepared ground beef curry for appetizer
- Brown beef, drain & discard fat, set aside.
- Heat oil and sauté onions for 5-7 mins.
- Add seasoning blend, cilantro & tomatoes. Let tomatoes soften ~ 3-4 mins.
- Add browned beef back to pan, mix well and add 1 cup water.
- Cover pot with lid, turn heat up medium low and simmer for 20 mins.
- Add tomato sauce, simmer 5 mins.
- Enjoy with rice or naan.
For appetizer, ingredients you need:
1 pillsbury crescent roll tube to make 25- 30 puff pastry appetizers.
Appetizer recipe :
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees - per instructions on pillsbury dough tube.
- Break open pillsbury crescent roll tube.
- Cut triangles into 1 - 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Thin out squares with hand and pinch together any perforations in dough.
- Use teaspoon scoop up ground beef, draining off any gravy on side of bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ground beef curry to middle of dough square.
- Bring opposite sides together and pinch together to create a curry puff.
- Bake for 9-12 mins in oven tray till golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool ~10 mins.