A yummy recipe for Chicken Kebabs. They are medium spicy and you can certainly adjust it to make it super spicy! Enjoy!!
1 – 1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp garlic powder – 1 tsp
½ tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Salt, add more to taste
¼ tsp Cayenne
½ tsp Turmeric
¼ tsp black pepper
1 cup plain non-fat or low fat yogurt greek yogurt, Stonyfield yogurt preferred
2 Tbsp lemon juice
8 oz grape tomatoes
1 large purple onions, quartered into big chunks
Tip: For super spicy kebabs: use only ½ cup of yogurt vs. 1 cup; add in ½ thumb sized jalapeno diced into small pieces. Add this to the marinade.
- Cut chicken breast into 1 ½ “to 2” cubes and put in a bowl. Add lemon juice to bowl and set aside.
- Add all spices together in bowl, add 1 cup yogurt to bowl and mix together (for spicier kebabs, use only ½ cup of yogurt along with jalapeno (optional).
- (Optional step) Only do this if you are comfortable with tasting “raw” spices. Taste marinade to adjust salt and spicy heat. If it tastes too spicy, add more > ¼ - ½ cup yogurt. Caution: The taste will be “sharp” as spices haven’t been cooked. This “sharpness” will go away when you grill the chicken.
- Mix chicken with yogurt marinade. Set aside for at least 2 hour or overnight for best results.
- Thread the skewers with alternating chicken, grape tomato and onion pieces. If using bamboo skewers, soak them for at least 30 mins to keep them from burning on grill.
- Grill the chicken kebabs for ~ 10-11 mins, start off high to sear it, then maintain low to medium heat (350-400 degrees) turning once.
- Let sit for at least 5-10 mins before eating.